1. I took my camera to Cole and Courtney's track meet the other day, but didn't get any shots other than this one of Yans, because my teenagers started complaining.
2. My teenagers are killing me.
3. Cole & Courtney both qualified for the district meet, so that's where they'll be most of the day today along with Josh Downs (who volunteered to assistant coach again this year).
4. Yans decided to wash the statue in her fish tank this morning before school (her Grandma and Grandpa Russell got her a Beta for Christmas) only to find that she hadn't rinsed the soap off well enough before putting it back in the tank and her Beta was swimming in bubbles.
5. The kids were late for school this morning (my track record is a good one though - this was the first time they were late all year) on account of me trying to catch a Beta fish without a net (Annie lost it) in a tank full of bubbles, with a crying fish owner by my side, and Courtney hollering up the stairs, "The neighbors found a baby bird and don't want their cat to eat it, so they want to know if we can put it in our back yard!"
6. When I got back from dropping the kids off (late) at school this morning, I started grating some ginger for my tea only to realize I was grating it into the fish tank (which I had just finished refilling) instead of my coffee cup.
7. I'm not joking about #6.
8. I'm dealing with some intermittent sleep problems again (which might have something to do with #6).
9. Josh planted a new maple tree (I killed the last one) in the front yard for me while I was sleeping on Saturday night, which means I woke up on Mothers' Day to a new tree that he is responsible for watering (since clearly, I can't be trusted with the life of another maple).
10. I thought it would be a fun idea to give the students in my new class (A Year in the Making) 13 gifts (one for each month of the workshop), but didn't really take into consideration how much time it would take to find, sort, prepare, and wrap 13 gifts for 60 students (that's 780 gifts if you were wondering). Note to self: Some ideas should just stay in your head.
11. When I was talking to my sister about one of the gifts I'm sewing for my students ('sewing' is a bit of a stretch since what I am capable of doing with a sewing machine hardly qualifies as 'sewing'), and laughing about what a ridiculous idea it was to think I could sew 60 gifts, she responded with a, "That sounds like a typical Kaaaaaaaaaren-Idea to me!"
12. In my defense, some of my ideas are good ones (and my sister knows it.)
13. When helping prepare some of those 780 gifts, Cole and Annie both voiced complaints about the wages I pay, so they're no longer on the payroll.
14. Courtney Lee didn't complain about the hourly rate though, so she's the only kid in this house who currently has the privilege of earning $6.00 an hour for folding boxes, cutting tags, removing stickers, etc.
15. Annie got a dog, and everyone in this house is in love with him (more on that later).
16. I've got presents to wrap, so I'd better cut this list short.
Hope your Tuesday is off to a good start.