Am I too late to the party to wish you all a happy New Year?!?
If not, Happy New Year!!!
1. Our New Years was a quiet one. The girls decided to spend the evening with their Grandma Jo (Yans changed her mind at the last minute because she had never spent New Years away from home.) so it was just the four of us. I spent most of the evening at the grocery store/cooking, while these guys played a 4-hour game of Risk. (Cole got Risk for Christmas and they've been playing almost every day since.) Yans and I retired around 11:00 p.m., shortly after dancing to Blurred Lines. The boys made it up till midnight though.
2. Yes, that really is the best photo I got of the whole evening, and that ain't saying much.
3. I know we're only three days into 2014, but so far, it's been a good year.
4. I didn't make any resolutions, but I spent a lot of the month of December breaking some bad habits (like my daily run to the coffee shop and falling asleep with the T.V. on), tackling some long overdue stuff on my 'to do' list like seeing a chiropractor about the arm I haven't been able to raise above shoulder-height without being in excruciating pain for the last 6 months (Blame it on Jillian Michaels kettlebell workout.), and doing a whole lot of healthy cooking (lots of Paleo and Whole30 recipes, but without all the red meat since I really don't like it.) And because of all that, I made it through the holidays with my chunky butt about 10 lbs. less chunky.
5. I didn't do a ton of shooting over the holidays, but I've probably got about a week's worth of Christmas photos to share. (Will start posting those on Monday.)
See you next week!
P.S. It's kind of late, but I want to give away an auditing seat in the next Photographers' Workshop which kicks off this coming up Monday, January 6th.
So if you'd like to enter, just leave your name and email address in the comments section below and I'll draw a winner on Monday morning.
Note that regular seats in the workshop are full, but there's still Auditing Seats available for those of you who want to start off the New Year learning how to take better photos. (Auditors can still ask questions, post photos, and have access to everything regular students have access to - the ONLY difference is that I do not provide evaluations for auditors. So auditing is typically ideal for those who want to save a little money and/or those who want to work at their own pace.)
We kick of "Week 0" of the class on Monday (January 6th), which is just a nice, slow-paced, introductory week (before we start diving into the hard stuff) so you can still sign up anytime between now and the end of next week.
Oh, and Roscoe-T (my 21 year-old who lives up in Seattle) and his roomate are taking the class too, which has me even more excited than usual for the first class of the year!