After hearing about Chocolate Avocado Pudding from two different sources in the same week, I decided to make it last night - and had I known how good it was going to turn out, I would have taken pictures to document the momentous occassion.
This morning, with Chocolate Avocado Pudding still on the mind, I decided I wanted to pass along the recipe, but alas, I had no pictures (and you all know how much I hate blog posts without pictures.)
So I grabbed my camera just as we were heading out the door for school and asked my kids to show me what they thought of last night's pudding...
Yep, that's a Five-Thumbs-Up rating.
And then they started goofing off, so I kept shooting...
And without further ado, I give you my slightly altered spin on Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- 3 ripe avocados (The recipe says, "peel and pit removed", but somehow, that just seems glaringly obvious to me.)
- 1 cup almond milk (You could use soy, hemp, coconut - whatever.)
- 5 Tablespoons natural, non-alkalized cocoa powder (The recipe actually calls for 8, but start with 5 and then decide if you want more.) This is the brand I use.
- 12 dates (Don't forget to take the seeds out.)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
This made enough for all five of us.
Put it all in a high-powered blender and mix it like crazy. If it's too thick, just add in a little extra almond milk and start mixing again. Then spoon it into small bowls, (I used 4oz. Ball jars because I use Ball jars for everything now, thanks to my friend Michelle.) top it with a little fruit (We used raspberries.) and stick em' in the fridge for a couple of hours.
It's ridiculous how good it is.
Annie said I should quit my job and go into the pudding-making business.