A few years ago, I wrote a 62-page Making the Shot issue for past students of The Photographers' Workshop on how to successfully shoot in low light situations without a flash and I opened a two-week forum where students could ask questions on the topic and post their low light images to share with other students. I knew it would be a well-received topic and I felt like I had explained it very thoroughly, but the response was beyond what I had expected.
From there, I decided that I wanted open a "Low Light Forum" each year before the holidays kicked-off (because Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years offer us photographers some of our most important memories, but also some of our most challenging low light shooting scenarios) so new students could join in on the discussion and past students could review and expand on their low light shooting knowledge. Like many good plans though, the busyness of life got in the way and I never opened a second forum.
This year though, I decided to make it a priority not only because this topic is so important to me, but also because I'm sentimental and I love working with past students, so starting on Monday, October 14th, I'm opening a two-week, Low Light Shooting forum, available to past students of The Photographers' Workshop.
To purchase and prepare for Making the Shot 2:
1. Log in at www.snapshotsofagoodlife.com using your email address and password.
2. Select 'go shopping' from the top row of selections above the negative strip with photos.
3. Click on the 'options' drop-down menu in the Making the Shot, Issue 2 section to choose which option you prefer.
- If you have never purchased Making the Shot 2, you will have the option of purchasing the PDF + Audio ($35) OR you can purchase the PDF + Audio + access to the Two-Week forum. ($55)
- If you've already purchased Making the Shot 2 (and even if you already participated in the past forum) you will have the option of purchasing access to the Two-Week forum. ($35)
4. Print and/or read Making the Shot 2 (Once you purchase the issue, you can access it from your Home Page after logging in with your email address and password.) making sure to write down questions you have as you go along so you can ask me those questions once the forum gets underway.
5. Log on to the site (daily if possible) Monday, October 14th - 27th to participate in the forum.
As always, I will be available in the forum during this time to answer any/all questions related to low light shooting without a flash and will be setting up Peer Groups so students can support, encourage and help one another progress.
Registration is open now and I can't wait to see all of you!!!
* Please note that currently, this lesson and forum are only available to past students of The Photographers' Workshop because the topics discussed in this issue expand on and refer to very specific information taught in the workshop.