So remember how I told you guys that I am volunteering at a local Pregnancy Center?
Well, I love this place.
I love the young girls I get to meet with and mentor each week, I love the hearts of the women who are running this program on a shoe-string budget, and I love what this kind of work is doing inside of me.
We offer free pregnancy tests and free ultrasounds, but the core of what we do is a program called Earn While you Learn, where young girls and women work one-on-one with a mentor each week, learning what to expect and how to care for themselves while they're pregnant, learning how to care for a newborn, how to properly discipline a toddler, how to balance a checkbook, how to prepare for job interviews, etc. The goal being to help young girls and women become amazing moms with promising futures.
And (most importantly to me) we're there to talk to them about Jesus if they're interested.
The upside of being able to talk about Jesus is that...well...we get to talk about Jesus.
The downside of being able to talk about Jesus is that organizations who talk about Jesus are not eligible for government funding and because of that, they've been keeping this place running for years now on nothing but donations and faith.
So I had this idea to do a give-away, and (lucky me) my good friend, Erin wanted to join in to help, because she's good like that...
So one person is going to win everything listed below:
- An auditing seat in the next Photographers' Workshop that starts next week (on Monday, March 25th.)
- Erin Cobb's Clean Color and Clean Skin tutorials.
- A 1-hour telephone or Skye photography/editing consult with Erin.
- A 1-hour telephone or Skype photography consult with me.
And here's what you have to do to enter:
1. Send a $5.00 or a $50.00 or a $500.00 check (or whatever amount you can give) to The Pregnancy Center at 2019 Aero Way #103, Medford OR, 97504 - or you can make a donation via Paypal by using the link at the bottom of this page.
2. Leave a comment here in the comments section, stating that the check is in the mail. (You do not need to tell me how much money you sent in and I am not requiring proof that you sent in anything either - we're just going to do it the old-fashioned way, where I just trust your word.)
* Note that no one at The Pregnancy Center knows anything about my blog and therefore, they know NOTHING about this drawing and I'd like to keep it that way, so please, please (please) do not make mention of my name or this drawing when you send in your checks.
It'll just be a nice, happy, surprise for them.
And I must admit that the thought of them opening up a bunch of unexpected checks puts a huge smile on my face.
Will draw the winner on Friday morning.
And a post without a photo?!?...I'd never do that to you.
Thanks guys, this means a lot to me.
ETA: A few people have emailed me to inquire whether or not its too late to sign up for the next Photographers' Workshop, and no, it is NOT too late to sign up. All of the regular seats in the workshop are full, but I will still be allowing auditors to sign up through the rest of this week.
Auditors can ask questions, post photos and otherwise participate in class like a regular students - the ONLY difference between regular students and auditors is that I do not provide written evaluations for auditing students. However, auditing students can purchase and schedule a telephone/Skype consult with me where I can verbally evaluate their images if they decide to (and the cost of auditing/$245 + the cost of a consult/$95 = $340, which is actually $55 cheaper than taking the class as a regular student.)
So auditing is the perfect option for anyone who wants to save a bit of money and/or anyone who wants to work at their own pace during the workshop.
If you'd like to register as an auditor, click here.