Last night while she was saying her prayers, she prayed that she would always be my baby.
And this morning when I walked into her room to wake her up, she immediately shot upright and hollered, "I'm seven!"
And is it just me, but does seven somehow seem way older than six?
And just a few things I want to remember...
- She had refused to wear anything but dresses for the last three years, but now, all she wants to wear is skinny jeans, t-shirts and a really ugly hand-me-down purple sweatshirt that used to be Courtneys.
- She has a wild sense of humor.
- Our favorite inside joke right now is to call each other 'turtle', 'turd' for short.
- Her dad bought her a pair of shiny black shoes with a tiny heel on them and she wants to wear them every day and with every thing.
- She wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
- Peanut butter sandwiches and strawberries are still her favorite foods.
- When she showed her dad a picture of her holding a classmate's hand (a boy) this morning, I overheard him tell her that he was sending her to the nunnery.
- Her favorite thing to do with Courtney Lee is play school.
- She's a great reader.
- Her last report card said that she's a great leader, but that she just needs to 'lead' with a little less bossiness.
- She gets surprisingly embarrassed when people tell stories about her.
- She is constantly 'binding' her own books made out of photos and paper and endless amounts of staples.
- She still occasionally throws up when me make her take a 'no thank-you' bite of something utterly disgusting like zucchinis.
- I don't correct her when she mispronounces words like 'unlegal' (illegal) because I love her mispronunciations.
- I can't walk anywhere without her pinching my bum.
- Her favorite thing to do with Cole is to squeal/wrestle.
- She feels like she's struggling with math, so she has taken it upon herself to work on math problems and flashcards at night.
- She's been getting in trouble a lot lately for being argumentative (which doesn't fly in this house.)
- She misses Ross so much that it makes her cry sometimes just to talk about him.
- Her legs are so skinny that I just giggle inside sometimes when I see them.
- She literally just started sleeping through the night and in her own bed a couple of weeks ago. (Since she was tiny, she has had night-terrors, has walked in her sleep, has talked in her sleep, has grinded her teeth, has been scared to sleep in her own bed and has had nightmares worse than any kid I know.)
- She's the only kid in the house that doesn't like to miss school for any reason.
And now I'm feeling sentimental, looking at pictures from when Courtney Lee turned seven and when Coley turned seven. I might even have to go dig up some pictures from when Roscoe-T (who is about to turn 21) turned seven.
Happy Birthday Yans.