Business isn't my favorite topic (photography is), but there's some exciting stuff going on for me and I wanted to share:
1. I'm teaching my first, four-day Hometown Workshop to a group of past students in just a few weeks. It's something I've wanted to do for years now, but could never find the time. And honestly, I probably never would have done it if this group of students hadn't been so persistent in their request for me to teach one - so thanks guys for pushing me and this little dream of mine outside of my comfort zone and into reality. Will share more details later. (For now, this is something I'm just offering to past students and much to my surprise, the workshops are already booked full through 2013.)
2. I've got an article in the premiere issue of Click that is coming out in October from Clickin Moms and am prettty dang excited about it.
3. I'm going to be on The Paperclipping Roundtable along with Tracey Clark (the founder of Shutter Sisters) and Katrina Kennedy (who does Capture Your 365) tomorrow at 10 a.m. Pacific Time and I wasn't all that nervous about it until I heard that they're expecting about 4,000 listeners. (When I get nervous, I typically either clam up or say lots of stupid things - should be interesting.)
4. I've been doing some crafty stuff in my scrapbook room in preparation for the Hometown Workshop (Had to dust the cobwebs out of there first.) and I had forgotten how much I love having paint and ink and glue all over my hands. I swear I'm going to start scrapbooking again. Honest-engine.
5. I'm embarrassingly behind on emails and culling photos, so my apologies to all of you that have been waiting weeks (possibly months) on an email from me and to my family who is waiting for me to post all the photos from my Aunt Kelly's visit. Not sure when I'm going to get caught up on either. (Blame it on those girls that talked me into teaching The Hometown Workshop - they're the reason I'm so busy.)
6. My next online workshop is starting in three weeks. All the regular seats are sold out, but I'll open back up the registration for anyone who wants to audit. The ONLY difference between regular students and auditing students is that I do not evaluate assignments for auditing students, but auditing is typically ideal for students who want to work at their own pace. (Note that this will be my last online workhop in 2012.) Hope you gals in the September class are looking forward to it as much as I am.
And I think I'll do a drawing for one of those auditing seats...
So if you'd like to audit the upcoming, online Photographers' Workshop, just leave a comment in the comment section under this post and I'll draw a winner sometime on Wednesday.
And a photo, because I could never post without one...