We ended our first slow-pitch softball season on Sunday in seventh place out of ten teams.
We lost seven games, won two and tied one.
And my husband only got into it with the umpire once over a bad call made against me, when a runner slid into second and hit the ball out of my hand with his knee.
I only brought my camera once too, and I only took a few shots (I was the only second baseman, so I had to snag what few shots I could get while we were up to bat.)
Me. (Josh Downs took that one from the dugout.)
Josh's brother, Jamey. (He hits far.)
He ordered the shirts (A lovely shade of OSU Beaver orange of course.) and chose #4444 because four is my favorite number.
And you can see his calf muscles through his socks.
Every Monday morning, Josh would send the team an email to recap Sunday's game. I saved all of them, but here's one of my favorites...
That was a fun game! You all played wonderfully in-spite of the sun, wind and big bats. The highlights:
- Louise caught everything thrown at her on first with the sun in her eyes.
- Michelle kept everything in front of her at right even with a bunch of knarly lefties.
- David ran his tail off at Rover.
- Kinsey held her own at home.
- Karen made a bunch of sweet stops and a nice catch at 2nd all while looking great!
- Karen said I shouldn't mention in the email the one fly-ball she dropped, but David thinks I should...what should I do?
- Jamey made a nice catch in left.
- Chris stayed for the whole game.
Until next year Believers!