I spent last week up in Seattle at my sister's house.
I went for a multitude of reasons, but #1 on the list was the ability to work some long hours without the daily interruptions that plague me at home. (ie. getting kids ready for school, laundry, grocery shopping, picking kids up from school, homework, dinner, etc., etc., etc.)
Just a week's worth of long, uninterrupted work days, followed up with the good company of my sister.
I didn't take my camera and decided to challenge myself to shoot the entire week with my iPhone.
And I think I was pretty successful at that.
But then, on the morning I was heading home, my sister took it upon herself to fix my iPhone (I had been having some problems with it.) by doing a 'System Restart' which not only made it so that my iPhone will not longer sync up with my computer, but it also wiped out all of my pictures.
Thanks Leigh Ann. I owe you.
So this is the only shot I've got from the entire week. (I took it parked in downtown Portland, partway through my drive home when I stopped to pick up two orders of Spinach Au Gratin to go from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner.)
- Loading up Tucker (my sister's dog) every day at noon to pick up lunch from the PCC deli.
- Laughing as my 20 year old son ordered a 'Piggy Patty Pile' for breakfast while simultaneously trying to look cool for the cute waitress.
- Meeting up with Josh Downs for lunch in Eugene. (He was driving home from Seattle and I was driving to Seattle.)
- Ice cream at Molly Moons.
- Dancing in the kitchen to 'I Wish' (One of our favorite songs from college.)
- Laughing (The kind of laughing where you make snorting noises and have to cross your legs to prevent leakage.) while while my sister and I tried to stuff one another into wetsuits (for upcoming triathlons) at Speedy Reedy.
- Pear Marinis, Truffle Popcorn, Roasted Cauliflower and whatever that magic cheese was from Epulo Bistro.
- Laughing our butts off.
- A 28 mile bike ride down to U-District with my sister and our best friend from college, Dawn.
- Two nights of Pagliaci's pizza because its my favorite.
- Sitting out on the back porch talking with Ross and my sister.
- A 7 mile run in a pair of shoes I'm not used to running in and the ensuing blister.
- Driving as fast as we could to see the sun set on the water and finding the coolest rainbow I'd ever seen along the way.
- Meeting up for lunch with Jill on my way out of town.
Thanks for making it a great trip Lee Lee (except for the part when you broke my iPhone).
Your Little Sis