Annie redeemed her Lunch-Date-With-Mom ticket on Friday.
She wanted a picnic lunch (just like last year) at the park by our house (just like last year).
And all she wanted for lunch was strawberries and rolls from Roadhouse. (I threw in the chicken and the oranges and the milk.)
She's a strawberry-loving fool, that one.
It was cold (just like last year).
And Diane, I don't even know if you read my blog but if you do, thank you for this quilt. (It's my favorite!!!) I've tried every way I can think of to reach you to express my thanks, but all the email addresses I've tried haven't worked.
And then we had dessert. (And I gave the self-timer feature on the Canon 7D a try...sure makes me miss the self-timer feature on my Nikon D7000 which lets me take up to ten self-timered shots in a row.)
We had plans of playing on the playground after lunch, but by the time we were done eating, all Annie wanted to do was crawl in the car with the heater turned all the way up (just like last year).
And answers to Annie's questionnaire...
1. What do you think your best personality trait is? I love Jesus.
2. What do you think your worst personality trait is? Bad at sharing. (She asked if her teachers at school were going to see this and was relieved to find out they wouldn't.)
3. If you could have a different name, what would you want it to be? Izzy
4. What's your favorite memory? When we spent the night on the train.
5. What's your favorite Bible verse? Keep your tongue from telling lies.
6. If you could pick one super-human power, what would it be? Flying
7. What's your favorite thing about each person in your family? Dad - Being a hero in Afghanistan. Mom - Spends lots of time with me. Cole - He's nice to me sometimes. Courtney - Shares all the time. Ross - Lets us spend the night with him.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor
9. What's one thing you've done that you wish you could change? Lying.
10. On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the coolest) how cool is your mom? 39 (Thanks for giving me the highest score of any of the kiddos, Yans.)
Here's my shots from last year's date.
And if you're reading this Josh Downs...I'm totally winning this contest. (Josh has 60+ daily readings left before he finishes reading the entire Bible and I have 24 readings left, yet somehow, he thinks he's going to beat me. Mind you, I started reading in January 2011 and he started reading in August 2011...but let's not get hung up on little details like that.)