1. Last night, I took my computer down to one of my favorite local restaurants to work. Within minutes of coming home, Josh Downs had opened a family-size package of toilet paper rolls he had picked up from the grocery store early in the evening and started throwing them at me. So at 10pm last night, while all the kids slept, Josh and I ran around the house with our arms full of toilet paper, laughing like a couple of eight year old girls, ducking behind walls and bombing one another with rolls of toilet paper.
2. I love my husband and I am so glad that he is the person I get to walk through this life with.
3. Remember on my last post when I said everything was ok. That was probably only a half-truth. I'm just kind of in a funny, little place right now and we're dealing with some pretty heavy (but personal) family stuff.
4. You haven't really missed out on any pictures during my blogging hiatus because I really haven't been taking any.
5. I'm not ready to start blogging again.
6. Please don't feel like I need sympathy because I do not.
7. God brought me so close to him in the last few months and now I realize that it was just his way of preparing my heart and my mind for what we are currently dealing with.
8. As you can see, I desperately need to repaint my toes.
9. I'm teaching the One Day Photographers' Workshop in Florida this October. I'll be at Whim So Doodle in St. Petersburg on Saturday, October 23rd (727 827 4911) and at Scrappy Boutique in Orlando on Sunday, October 24th (407 856 8070)
10. I have something to tell you guys but you'll have to give me a second because I'm too nervous to write it.
11. The kids are all back in school and loving it (but I didn't manage to get a single back-to-school photo.)
12. On our way out the door to back-to-school night, Coley fell and smashed his head. In hindsight, we probably should have gotten stitches. (We had to keep pressure on it during the majority of back-to-school night.)
13. There sure is a lot of unfortunate 'hindsight' involved in parenting.
14. Ok, I'm ready to write it now...I started training for a triathlon a couple months ago and didn't want to tell anyone because I have a very long & consistent history of quitting every exercise regimen I've ever started.
15. I'm loving the biking, mildly-enjoying the running and hating the swimming.
16. I haven't lost any weight.
17. Please don't tell me that I'm gaining muscle and losing fat because honestly, that doesn't make me (or my fat rolls) feel any better.
18. It may not be helping me lose weight but it sure is helping me alleviate stress.
19. Annie got a bagel stuck in her throat last night and couldn't breath. Thankfully Josh handled it calmly. I'm worried now though because I'm convinced I have some sort of narrow esophagus syndrome that I unknowingly passed along to my child. I even had to have the the Heimlick Maneuver done on me in a restaurant once and had to got to the ER another time with something lodged in my throat. I get stuff stuck in my throat all the time.
20. I was actually choking on Spinach Augratin at Ruth Chris's Steakhouse when I had the Heimlick Maneuver done on me.
21. If you haven't had the Heimlick Maneuver done on you before, let me just tell you that the embarrassment is even worse than the pain of having some huge stranger stand behind you, thrusting his fist into your ribcage.
22. I also have RLS (Restless Leg Sydrome) but my husband is convinced that it is a make-believe syndrome.
23. That's all for now.