This is the new class I'm teaching at the Scrapbook Clubhouse in Westbrook, CT this weekend.
We'll be starting an album in class that is loosely based around the number 10 and will be making the first eleven pages of the album in class (depending upon how quickly we work and whether or not I'm able to keep quiet in class...those of you who have taken classes with me before know that I'm a little long-winded).
The first layout we'll make in class is the introduction page to the album (like the one above). This layout kind of summarizes the other ten layouts you'll be making.
Although the album is based around the number 10, you get to decide the specific theme for the layouts you'll be working on in class. Maybe it's ten things that make you happy, ten of your best memories, ten goals you have, ten of your favorite things, etc.
The theme of my album is '10 Reasons' and focuses on ten reasons why I want to make some changes in my life (my top ten priorities). The introduction page lists all ten reasons along with some additional journaling (the right side of the layout opens up like a card to include more journaling inside).
The remaining ten layouts that we'll be working on in class focus individually on each of your ten things.
For example, my ten layouts focus individually on the following '10 Reasons':
1. Because faith isn't supposed to be easy.
2. Because she'll never be two again.
3. Because God gave him to me for a reason.
4. Because this is what it's really all about.
5. Because I've only got two more years before he's gone.
6. Because life is for living.
7. Because he deserves the best of me.
8. Because the light at the end of the tunnel may just be a mirage.
9. Because I have so much to offer her.
10. Because I don't want to have regrets.
I tried to streamline the layouts to make them quick and easy to put together (which hopefully means that we'll be able to get them all done in class).
The rest of the album can be completed over time, still focusing on the number 10. Just a few ideas: your top 10 favorite songs, top 10 favorite quotes, 10 things you want to do someday, your 10 favorite photos, 10 things you'd have done differently, 10 things that make you happy, etc. I also want to have everyone in my house make a 'Top 10 favorites' list so I can scrapbook each of them and include them in my album.
Irony #1: This 'priorities' album has been on my to-do list for a couple of years now...but I just never made it a priority until recently.
Irony #2: I've spend the last few weeks neglecting all of my real priorities in life in order to focus on designing this 'priorities' album/class.
Gotta love irony.
These kits have almost $60 worth of retail products (mostly from my CHA Winter 08 release).
I'm hoping to have the kits ready to order and ship right around July 1st. They'll be $55.00 + shipping and will include color handouts and an instructional CD.
And a few more things:
1. The green door in the picture I took of Annie yesterday is over at Chessie Jo's baby boutique on 6th street here in Grants Pass. I didn't do much editing on that picture - the green door really is that bright.
2. I head out of town tomorrow at 6am and won't be back until Monday.
3. I was hoping to be caught up on my emails before I left, but it's not looking like that's going to happen (sorry again if I still owe you one).
4.Yep, most of the kiddos were with Josh over at the airshow at Kingsley this weekend (Irony #3...I had to stay home to work on my 'priorities' album/class).
5. My online photography classes are going great - just a really cool group of gals who are really excited and hard working. Hoping to post more info. and updates about it here in the next couple of weeks.
Catch you next week.